The FIRE Immersion School is an intensive, one-year immersion into a holy fire that will change your life forever. It is a Jesus-centered, Word-based, prayer-charged, relationally-oriented, practical-equipping, mentor-styled training center designed to mold committed, teachable people into the image of Jesus Christ.
The FIRE Immersion School is not just a “school.” It is a spiritual culture. It is a family, a way of life, an atmosphere, and a radical Kingdom academy of the Word and the Spirit. When you are done with this one-year program, you will:
- Grow deep, deep roots into God’s awesome love for you.
- Enter into a more intimate and mature walk with God.
- Know the Word on a more advanced level.
- Experience authentic, enduring relationships.
- Receive practical tools to live and minister through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit (including hearing God, delivering prophetic words, and administering divine healing).
- Be empowered to live a radical, holy life.
- Build solid confidence in your identity as God’s child and a new creation.
- Feel greater release into your calling and destiny.
- Learn how to serve the needs of others in humility and grace.
In other words, you’ll be more like Jesus!
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a Certificate in Practical Ministry, and will have the option to enroll in our additional two-year “FIRE Leadership Institute.”
Courses at the FIRE Immersion School include the following:
- Writings of the Old Covenant—BT101 (2 credits) – A comprehensive introduction to the 39 books of the Hebrew Scriptures emphasizing historical background, canonical context, and practical application.
- Writings of the New Covenant—BT102 (2 credits) – A comprehensive introduction to the 27 books of the Greek Scriptures emphasizing historical background, canonical context, and practical application.
- Doctrinal Foundations I—BT103 (1 credit) – A systematic study of the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, taught from the perspective of classical Pentecostalism and the Charismatic renewal.
- School of the Word: Bible Study Tools—BT104 (2 credits) – Bible Study Tools is designed to equip students with Scripture knowledge and Bible study methods that will make them more effective in the use of Scripture in daily devotions, personal study, and ministry to others. Students will learn different ways to study the Bible, including genre study, book outlining, and observation of individual texts. They will also memorize Scripture and learn how to locate key passages in the Bible without using a concordance. The goal is to make the teachings of Scripture more easily accessible to the students, while they develop a love and devotion for it as God’s holy word.
- Jewish Roots—BT105 (1 credit) – A course examining God’s eternal purposes for Israel, anti-Semitism in the historic and contemporary Church, and the Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
- Doctrinal Foundations II—BT106 (1 credit) – A systematic study of the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, taught from the perspective of classical Pentecostalism and the Charismatic renewal.
- Foundations for Intimacy with God—CF101 (1 credit) – This class is designed to bring you into the reality of a lifetime journey of seeking and experiencing God’s love, beauty, nature, and presence. This will be accomplished not only by informing you about God through teaching Scriptural principles, but by teaching you how to experience God and make intimacy with Him the foundation of your life.
- Restoring the Soul—CF102 (1 credit) – This is an opportunity to experience the integrated approach to inner healing and deliverance. In this class we will take a look at how the Sins of the Fathers and Resulting Curses affect our lives as well as breaking those curses. We will also deal with Ungodly Beliefs, which are lies of the enemy by which we live our lives. After that the Holy Spirit will deal with past hurts, which we call Soul/Spirit hurts and finally, we will deal with Demonic Oppression.
- Life in the Spirit—CF103 (.5 credit) – A study on the importance of being filled with the Spirit, the power of speaking in tongues, and walking in the Spirit. We will also focus on the importance of worship and intimacy with the Lord as well as hearing from God.
- Kingdom Servanthood—CF104 (.5 credit) – This class will give students a systematic study through the Scriptures on principles for armor bearers and servanthood. We will study the life of those men and women in the Word who faithfully served as well as give practical wisdom as to how to be effective servants today.
- Personal Revival—CF106 (1 credit) – An examination of revival first and foremost as a personal experience, this course focuses on learning to keep the flame of revival burning continually within our hearts.
- Kingdom Stewardship I: Life Skills—CF107 (.5 credit) – Kingdom Stewardship is designed to teach each student to redeem the time that God has given them by developing life goals, schedules and action plans both in their devotion to God and to the calling on their lives.
- Principles of Holiness—CF108 (1 credit) – The Scriptures teach that without holiness, no one will see the Lord. This course provides an in-depth biblical understanding of the nature of holiness, offering practical helps to holiness, as well as guidelines for avoiding legalism and walking in grace.
- Kingdom Stewardship II: Devotional Life—CF109 (.5 credit) – Kingdom Stewardship is designed to teach each student to redeem the time that God has given them by developing life goals, schedules and action plans both in their devotion to God and to the calling on their lives.
- The Father Heart of God—CW101 (1 credit) – This course will open the hearts of the students to the revelation of God as their Father. It will also expose misconceptions the students may have had about His personality that have hindered them from growing in their relationship with Him.
- Identity in Christ—CW102 (.5 credit) – A focus on who we are in Christ, what Sonship is all about, and what it means to be “in Him”. We will also cover the topics of righteousness of God in Christ, freedom from sin, and the victory we have in Christ.
- The New Jesus People—CW103 (1 credit) – The goal of FIRE Immersion School is to mold its students more precisely into the image of Jesus Christ. So this course describes the scriptural basis and prophetic revelation that gave us our direction and helped define our program. From a historical standpoint we will discuss the vision and prophecy that called for a “New Jesus People,” 40 years after the original “Jesus People” began. From a scriptural standpoint we will discuss Jesus as our model, our call to Christ-likeness, and how to become more like Jesus.
- Kingdom Warfare I—CW104 (1 credit) – Marrying the concepts of holiness and grace, this course describes the process whereby God takes His children, who are made in His image, and transforms them into the image of His Son.
- Ways of the Kingdom—CW105 (1 credit) – The central theme in Jesus’ ministry while on earth was the Kingdom of God. And He calls us to a life centered on that same Kingdom! This class will discuss the nature and experience of God’s Kingdom, as well as how to live with it at the center of our lives.
- The Eternal Love of the King—CW106 (.5 credit) – Human history began with a wedding and human history will conclude with one as well. This course will deal with the bridal paradigm of the kingdom and reveal that the message of Scripture has always been about a sacred romance between God and human beings.
- Kingdom Emphasis—CW107 (1 credit) – This end of the trimester one-week course is designed to help students assimilate the truths they have learned throughout the trimester and integrate them into their lives. It includes times of discussion, sharing, prayer, and exhortation.
- Apostolic Church—CW108 (1 credit) – What is the Church? What is God’s intended identity for His people according to the New Testament? How can we recover this identity from the many layers of human traditions and denominational fads? This course seeks to examine and answer these questions through Scripture and a prophetic understanding of the present season.
- Kingdom Ethos and Ethics—CW109 (1 credit) – This course takes FIRE School’s first phase, Kingdom Foundations, to the next level: from the believer’s identity in Christ by grace, to the way of life that is rooted in that identity. With the Sermon on the Mount as our general guide, we will expound Jesus’ basic teaching of Kingdom life, explaining the joy, ethics, stewardship, and spiritual disciplines that characterize a Kingdom culture.
- Kingdom Warfare II—CW110 (1 credit) – Marrying the concepts of holiness and grace, this course describes the process whereby God takes His children, who are made in His image, and transforms them into the image of His Son.
- Kingdom Finances—CW111 (1 credit) – Kingdom Finances will help students to discover God’s principles governing financial stewardship, giving, and blessing. This course will cover topics such as: giving and an individual’s financial impact on the Kingdom of God, putting God first, tithing, as well as how to break the spirit of Mammon off your life and finances. On the practical side, instruction will be given on how to get out of debt, how to make and keep a budget, and an overview of credit, debt and borrowing. Additional topics include discovering your money management tendencies and credit card management.
- Jesus and the Demonstration of God’s Kingdom—CW113 (1 credit) – How does spiritual revival or revolution occur? By the invasion of God’s Kingdom into real people’s everyday lives. That’s what Jesus dedicated His ministry to, and that is the focus of our class. We will discuss Jesus’ concept of the Kingdom (especially in Matthew’s gospel), as well as why and how He manifested it in power.
- The Jesus Revolution—CW114 (1 credit) – Subjects covered in this course include: Jesus the Revolutionary, Revolution in the Church, Principles of Revolution, God’s Counterculture Revolution, Strategies for the Jesus Revolution, The Role of Music and Arts in the Revolution, and Knowing the Times and Seasons.
- Prophetic Prayer—MS101 (2 credits) – A “lab” on prophetic prayer. The first class gives instruction on praying in a small group, hearing God, and understanding His will for a given prayer meeting. All other class periods will be implementing these principles in actual prayer meetings during class time. For the remainder of the trimester we will pray together, receive coaching, and advance in the Kingdom through prayer.
- Divine Healing—MS102 (1 credit) – A comprehensive study of the biblical motif of God the Healer, discussing Old Testament foundations, New Testament fulfillment, and the practical outworking of healing today.